A Filipino-Australian model was crowned last night the country’s representative to the upcoming Miss World 2016 beauty tilt in Washington DC in December.
Catriona Elisa Magnayon Gray, 22 topped the list of winners among the 23 contestants during the pageant held at the Manila Hotel Tent on Sunday night.
Gray’s mother hails from Albay province.
Ms. Gray during the duration of the contest was considered the girl to beat among the hopefuls.
She has experience in singing and modelling stints which was an advantage for the quest to the title.
In preparation for the beauty with a purpose campaign, she hosted a benefit concert to raise funds for building a pre-school and childcare center in Tondo, Manila.
The new Miss World Philippines 2016 also bagged the Best in Swimsuit, Best in Evening Gown, Best in Fashion Rundway, Miss Hannah’s beach Resort and Miss Manila Hotel.
The winner’s take home prizes approximately totals P100-K for all the titles. She also received P500-K for the Ms Philippines title and a Hyundai Eon car.
The windfall of prizes also include an artist management with Viva Artist Management for P1-million.
Other winners of the beauty pageant include:
- Second Place – Arienne Calingo from Pampanga
- Third Place – Ivanna Paris from Makati City
- Fourth – Marah Muñoz of Parañaque City
- Fifth- Sandra Lemonon, Miss Photogenic, from Pasig City
Latest posts by Bicol Street Journalist (see all)
- VESPERS: Pope Franciscelebrates Te Deum of Thanksgiving - December 31, 2019
- ROBREDO: Let us welcome the new year with HOPE in our eyes - December 31, 2019
- WATCH: The Special Edition of BISERBISYONG LENI with VP Leni Robredo - December 29, 2019