A Filipino-Australian model was crowned last night the country’s representative to the upcoming Miss World 2016 beauty tilt in Washington DC in December.
Catriona Elisa Magnayon Gray, 22 topped the list of winners among the 23 contestants during the pageant held at the Manila Hotel Tent on Sunday night.
Gray’s mother hails from Albay province.
Ms. Gray during the duration of the contest was considered the girl to beat among the hopefuls.
She has experience in singing and modelling stints which was an advantage for the quest to the title.
In preparation for the beauty with a purpose campaign, she hosted a benefit concert to raise funds for building a pre-school and childcare center in Tondo, Manila.
The new Miss World Philippines 2016 also bagged the Best in Swimsuit, Best in Evening Gown, Best in Fashion Rundway, Miss Hannah’s beach Resort and Miss Manila Hotel.
The winner’s take home prizes approximately totals P100-K for all the titles. She also received P500-K for the Ms Philippines title and a Hyundai Eon car.
The windfall of prizes also include an artist management with Viva Artist Management for P1-million.
Other winners of the beauty pageant include:
- Second Place – Arienne Calingo from Pampanga
- Third Place – Ivanna Paris from Makati City
- Fourth – Marah Muñoz of Parañaque City
- Fifth- Sandra Lemonon, Miss Photogenic, from Pasig City
- Pandemic American covidiot spring breakers help spread the virus - March 27, 2020
- PANDEMIC: WHO turns political EXCLUDES TAIWAN from novel coronavirus ASSISTANCE - January 31, 2020
- PANDEMIC: DOH confirms first case of novel CORONAVIRUS in PHILIPPINES - January 30, 2020