LEGAZPI CITY — The Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) has approved the requests of 12 out of 22 private colleges and universities in the Bicol Region for increases in tuition fees and other school fees this coming school year while it rejected those of eight others for lack of requirements and late filing of application
Dr. George M. Colorado, CHEd Bicol regional director, said there are 160 colleges and universities in the entire region and only 22 requested additional amount in their tuition fees (TF) and other school fees (OSF) — like miscellaneous fees, laboratory fee and others — which, they claimed, underwent consultation/dialogue with parents, students and alumni of the schools concerned.
CHED approved schools with green light to increase tuition fees include (1) Ago Medical and Educational Center-Bicol Christian College of Medicine (Legazpi City), 15-percent increase in TF; (2) Ateneo de Naga University (Naga City), 5-percent TF increase and 6.33 percent increase in OSF; (3) Divine Word College of Legazpi (Legazpi City), 10 percent in TF; (4) Naga View Adventist College (Naga City), 3.45-percent increase in OSF; (5) Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity College Seminary (Naga City), 14 percent in TF and 17 percent in OSF;
(6) PLT College of Guinobatan (Guinobatan, Albay) — 10 percent in TF; (7) R. G. de Castro Colleges (Bulan, Sorsogon), 7.32 percent in TF and 28.81 percent in OSF; (8) STI-Legazpi (Legazpi City), 5 percent in TF and 5 percent in OSF; (9) STI-Naga (Naga City), 5 percent in TF and 5 percent in OSF; (10) The Lewis College (Sorsogon City), 10 percent in tuition fee; (11) Universidad de Sta.Isabel (Naga City), 45.13 percent in OSF; and (12) University of Nueva Caceres (Naga City), 12.50 percent in TF and 28.73 percent in OSF.
Not allowed to implement increase this schoolyear 2016-2017 but will be allowed to implement hike in TF and OSF next schoolyear include (1) Sierra College of Tigaon (Tigaon, Camarines Sur); (2) St. Louise de Marillac College of Sorsogon (Sorsogon City); (3) Our Lady of Lourdes College Foundation (Daet, Camarines Norte); (4).AMA Computer College of Legazpi (Legazpi City); (5) AMA Computer College of Naga (Naga City, ); (6) ACLC College (Daet, Camarines Norte); (7) ACLC College (Iriga City); and (8) ACLC College (Sorsogon City).
- Bicol private schools gets nod to hike tuition fees
Latest posts by Bicol Street Journalist (see all)
- Happy Holidays Happy New Year from us to you all!! - December 28, 2018
- Why Camarines Sur rejected medical equipments solicited by VP Robredo for Calabanga - December 20, 2018
- Camalig town in Bicol wants to build an international convention center - December 14, 2018