LEGAZPI CITY, April 18 — Albay Governor Joey Sarte Salceda is facing a P47 million malverzation charge filed by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) before the Office of the Ombudsman.
Unfazed Salceda on Thursday said he is ready to face the charge for alleged ghost deliveries of relief assistance sourced from P47-million coming from Malampaya funds during the Mayon Volcano eruption in 2009.
The charge was raised by complainants Michael Mina, Manuel Alagaban Sr., Julius Del Rosario, Bienvenido Belga Sr. and VACC chair Martin Dino against Salceda and PSWDO head Yolanda Guanzon of being liable for alleged malversation of the P47-million relief funds.
The complainants-constituents of barangay captains Del Rosario and Joselito Lana, alleged did not receive sacks of rice even when they were listed as supposed beneficiaries of aid for evacuees. The complaint alleged that other barangay residents, who were supposed to receive bundles of firewood, also denied receiving any aid. Residents of barangays Padang, Matanag and Bogna denied that the signatures on the Commission on Audit’s (COA) firewood distribution list were theirs.
The governor said all funds, including fund transfers from the national government, are fully accounted for and there are no such ghost deliveries. If these supposed recipients failed to get their reported allocation, we will investigate to uncover the responsible person and deal with him or her with necessary action,” the governor added.
In his facebook account, Salceda said, “I cant be glad that a case has been filed against me, the first ever in my entire political life of 17 yrs and on my last year. My conscience is clear and the facts and records will clear me. I assure all Albayanos that I will not allow it to slow down our programs. I have a job to do.”(PNA)
- Pandemic American covidiot spring breakers help spread the virus - March 27, 2020
- PANDEMIC: WHO turns political EXCLUDES TAIWAN from novel coronavirus ASSISTANCE - January 31, 2020
- PANDEMIC: DOH confirms first case of novel CORONAVIRUS in PHILIPPINES - January 30, 2020