The domestic airport in Pili serving metropolitan Naga and the provinces of Camarines Sur and Camarines Norte will soon be capable of catering to evening flight take-off and landing operations.
The Naga airport, which is operated by the Air transportation Office (ATO) of the Department of Transportation and Communications, has been upgraded with night-rated instruments and will be ready before the year ends.
Three other domestic airports getting the upgrade for night flights are serving Cauayan City in Isabela province, Dipolog City in Zamboanga del Norte and Cotabato City.
It must be recalled that the domestic airports of Legazpi (Legazpi City, Albay), Sibulan-Dumaguete (Sibulan, Negros Occidental), Roxas (Roxas City, Antique) and Godofredo P. Ramos (Caticlan, Malay, Aklan) were earlier installed with night flight instruments.
According to the Department of Budget and Management, the government is currently fast-tracking the construction and rehabilitation of 28 airport projects in total.
Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno said that “In line with the administration’s ambitious ‘Build, Build, Build’ program, 28 airport projects for construction, rehabilitation, upgrade are listed in the Department of Transportation’s (DOTr) priority agenda.”
Of the 28, three international airport projects — Lal-Lo (Cagayan North International, Lal-lo, Cagayan province) , Puerto Princesa, and Mactan (Cebu) — and four domestic airport projects — Tuguegarao, Calbayog, Ozamis, and Naga — have already been finished,” he added.
List: Airports night-rated and operates 24 hours:
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA)
- Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA)
- Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (Clark)
- Subic Bay International Airport (SBIA)
- Francisco Bangoy International Airport (Davao)
- Kalibo International Airport
- Bacolod-Silay Airport
List: More night-rated airports below:
- Butuan Airport – 5 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Caticlan Airport – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sibulan-Dumaguete Airport – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- General Santos City Airport – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Iloilo Airport – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Laguindingan Airport – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Laoag International Airport – 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Legazpi Airport – 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Puerto Princesa International Airport – 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Roxas Airport – 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tacloban Airport – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Zamboanga International Airport – 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Road Tour Calabanga:San Pablo to Amang Hinulid - August 31, 2022
- Miss U Catriona Gray Rumampa ng Suporta sa Tropa - May 9, 2022
- Dalawang Shoutout SOX People’s Rally for Leni - April 4, 2022