Update. This is how much the presidential candidates for 2016 elections have spent so far.
1. Liberal Party presidential hopeful Manuel Roxas topped as the biggest ad campaign spender, so far. Roxas has spent P774 million covering the expenses for political advertisements from January to December 2015
2. United Nationalist Alliance candidate Vice President Jejomar Binay is second with a spending total of P695 million
3. Independent candidate Senator Grace Poe is on third slot with total of P694 million
4. Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte so far has spent P129 million
5. Miriam Defensor Santiago – no data
Above spending tally was released by research firm AC Neilsen. It must be recalled that Duterted was last to enter the race, in November.
Earlier, the research firm released the report on top political ad spender on television covering the period January to November, 2015.
1. Binay – topped the list with P596 million spent
2. Poe – spent P448 million
3. Roxas – paid television ads for P425 million
The research did not include ads placed by Roxas supporters like the Mar Roxas for President Movement and the Mar Roxas Schoolalumni.
Campaign period for candidates in national positions begins on February 9, 2016 until May 7, 2016.
The Synchronized election law of 1991 or Republic Act 7166 allows presidential and vice presidential candidates to spend P10 for every voter.
Latest posts by Bicol Street Journalist (see all)
- PANDEMIC: WHO turns political EXCLUDES TAIWAN from novel coronavirus ASSISTANCE - January 31, 2020
- PANDEMIC: DOH confirms first case of novel CORONAVIRUS in PHILIPPINES - January 30, 2020
- VESPERS: Pope Franciscelebrates Te Deum of Thanksgiving - December 31, 2019