On this edition of NOAH – News One and Half, we hear-see three distinguished lawmaker-members of the Philippine House of Representatives deliver good schooling about the creation of CHR and immediate past history.
Congressmen and those present received an earful from the three representatives on the side supportive of giving realistic annual budget for the CHR.
Representatives Lito Atienza from Buhay Party List, Edcel Lagman from Albay 1st district and Raul Del Mar from the 1st district of Cebu City gave us an assurance that they really belong to the house of representatives.
The three delivered the right information and enough schooling for the people around the chamber.
As we watched the proceedings, it did not only show that the congressmen came to the session so ignorant of the fact but also, were not paying attention to the speakers at all.
Many were in the august hall of the Batasang Pambansa, fondling their cellphones, chatting with fellow lawmaker-seatmate, eating empanada, walking and wandering around and coming into full view of the camera making the live stream coverage.
So we thought, what other things were they doing more important than the deliberations? It makes us wonder why they came to the session in the first place.
What some congressmen were doing we do not have any idea unless their actions were captured by the camera.
After the three speakers were done delivering their strong appeal we confirmed our observation that there were not enough good listeners in the chamber.
The congressmen whose majority belong to the ruling coalition have already made a decision and that was not following right reason but kowtowing the party line for the fear of disciplinary action and lost perks.
We almost forgot that these politicians have to survive politically and economically, that each has to earn as much in all possible ways within the span of the 3-year stay in elective post.
Unofficial list of District Representatives who voted against the proposal of giving the Commission on Human Rights an annual budgetary allocation of P1,000 for fiscal year 2018:
01. Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano
02. Buhay Representative Lito Atienza
03. Dinagat Islands Representative Kaka Bag-ao
04. Quezon City 3rd District Representative Jorge Banal
05. Quezon City 6th District Representative Jose Christopher Belmonte
06. Capiz 1st District Representative Emmanuel Billones
07. Camarines Sur 3rd District Representative Gabriel Bordado
08. Gabriela Representative Arlene Brosas
09. Cebu 2nd District Representative Wilfredo Caminero
10. Anakpawis Representative Ariel Casilao
11. ACT Teachers Representative France Castro
12. Northern Samar 1st District Representative Raul Daza
13. Gabriela Representative Emmi de Jesus
14. Cebu City 1st District Representative Raul del Mar
15. Kabataan Representative Sarah Elago
16. Marikina 1st District Representative Bayani Fernando
17. Agusan del Norte 1st District Representative Lawrence Fortun
18. Baguio City Representative Mark Go
19. Albay 1st District Representative Edcel Lagman
20. Negros Oriental 1st District Representative Jocelyn Limkaichong
21. Agusan del Sur 2nd District Representative Evelyn Mellana
22. Manila 6th District Representative Rosenda Ann Ocampo
23. Lapu-Lapu City Representative Aileen Radaza
24. Siquijor Representative Rav Rocamora
25. Maguindanao 1st District Representative Bai Sandra Sema
26. ACT Teachers Representative Antonio Tinio
27. Nueva Ecija 3rd District Representative Rosanna Vergara
28. Akbayan Representative Tom Villarin
29. Bayan Muna Representative Carlos Zarate
30. Bukidnon 3rd District Representative Manuel Zubiri
31. Caloocan City 2nd District Representative Edgar Erice
32. Eastern Samar Representative Ben Evardone
Watch the full video on our NOAH – News One And Half Youtube channel: Lawmakers schooled Philippine Congressmen on Human Rights Commission
Or, watch the video below: