Rain will undoubtedly breathe a certain respite to drought affected areas. More so if there will be more abundant rains to quench parched farm lands..
So the Catholic Bishop Conference of the Philippines will likely issue Oratio Imperata to ask for rains in areas affected by El Niño.
This was confirmed by CBCP President Archbishop Socrates Villegas, giving assurance they are ready to urge priests to ask for rains through the prayer they will issue.
The Archbishop of Lingayen-Dagupan is optimistic that once they start praying, rains will fall, saying “.. uulan (it will rain). Have faith in the power of prayer.”
Meanwhile, executive secretary Fr. Jerome Servillano of CBCP Public Affairs Committee expressed the issuance of the prayer is warranted by impending or continuing calamity, whether it is natural or man-made.
He noted that by the power prayer, God will answer the people.
- CBCP will issue Oratio Imperata to bring rains on El Nino- affected areas
- Will urge priests to ask for rains through the power of prayer
Latest posts by Sr. Editorial Staff Nation News (see all)
- Social News Network Rappler CEO Maria Ressa arrested for cyber libel - February 14, 2019
- Bong Revilla off the hook on pork barrel fund plunder case - December 7, 2018
- Napgate: President Duterte is neither Sleeping Beauty nor Snow White - November 23, 2018