Kidnapped former Italian priest and pizza restaurant operator Rolando del Torchio was released by his abductors on Friday evening, the Armed Forces of the Philippines has confirmed.
This was disclosed by AFP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Restituto Padilla, citing reports coming from Police Regional Office-ARMM.
Del Torchio was recovered by the elements of Sulu police provincial office at Jolo port inside M/V KC Beatrice bound for Zamboanga City and later brought to the AFP Trauma Center for medical check up.
In a related report, the Inquirer detailed that the family of Del Torchio paid the kidnappers a ransom money of P29 million.
The Italian was earlier kidnapped in Dipolocg City on October 7, 2015.
The military has no information as to the whereabout of the remaining kidnapped victims even as the deadline set by the Abu Sayyaf for the ransom of the Canadians, Norwegian and Filipina also taken last October expired last night of Friday, April 8. The ransom money being demanded is P1 billion per head.
- Kidnapped Italian pizza restaurant owner freed in Jolo
- Family allegedly paid kidnappers a ransom money of P29 million
- Deadline for ransom of P1-B each of taken Canadians, Norwegian and Filipina expired Friday, April 8
- Awesome Redwoods Live Long #shorts - September 23, 2021
- Apple M1 Macbook Pro 13-Inch, The Unboxing - July 14, 2021
- Spooky Image Scares Online Class - July 2, 2021