The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation Inc., released a statement refuting an untruthful and baseless claim of a dubious blog site spreading lies and spinning made-up stories against former Naga City Mayor and Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo.
There is currently a bitter and dirty war being waged by supporters of President Rodrigo Duterte in social media, news print and online editions to bring down popular support and bismirch the clean image of vice President Leni Robredo, the wife of Jesse Robredo.
In its statement, the foundation completely debunked the alternative truth (lie) peddled by the website to its misinformed readers.
Below, we are publishing the full statement dated March 7, 2017:
STATEMENT RE: JESSE ROBREDO, 2000 RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARDEE FROM THE PHILIPPINES
March 8, 2017 Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation
In view of anonymous allegations raised in a recent blog called “collective.com.ph”, which insinuates that the Ramon Magsaysay Award was given to Jesse Robredo as a result of the PR work and lobbying of a so-called “Gabby Bordado”, the trustees of the Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF) wish to clarify the following:
1. The allegation that Jesse Robredo won the Magsaysay Award because of some person’s lobbying efforts HAS NO BASIS IN FACTS. There is no person by the name of Gabby Bordado (as cited in the “collective.com.ph” blog) who was involved in the RMAF’s review, deliberation, and selection of Jesse Robredo as the 2000 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee for Government Service.
The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation considers Jesse Robredo a fully deserving and highly respected Ramon Magsaysay laureate.
2. To safeguard the integrity of the Ramon Magsaysay Award, the guiding principles and practices of RMAF for the past 58 years have not allowed any lobbying, PR, or other similar attempts to influence the annual selection of Ramon Magsaysay Awardees. Any such attempts, whether in the nomination or the selection process, have been quickly and firmly sanctioned.
The Foundation cautions all readers to fact-check anonymous and undocumented claims about the Ramon Magsaysay Award, in order to avoid making erroneous and unfair conclusions concerning the Award and/or the Ramon Magsaysay Awardees.
(SGD.) CARMENCITA T. ABELLA, President
Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation
07 March 2017
Latest posts by Jap Adupe (see all)
- This is why Time Person of the Year get mix reaction - December 13, 2018
- WordPress’ Gutenberg editor, theme throwback and paradigm shift on posts - November 20, 2018
- Watch the Good Friday Procession and Tableau of Calabanga - March 30, 2018