The Sandiganbayan Fifth Division on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant against Senator Jose Victor “JV” Ejercito and five others for the graft case filed against them by the Office of the Ombudsman (Ombudsman) for the alleged illegal procurement of P2.1-million worth of firearms.
Also ordered arrested are the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) members of San Juan City council, City Administrator Ranulfo Dacalos, City Treasurer Rosalinda Marasigan, City Attorney Romualdo Delos Santos, City Budget Officer Lorenza Ching and City Engineer Danilo Mercado.
In the case of technical malversation, Ejercito was included in the charge sheet of the Ombudsman when he was San Juan City Mayor, together with San Juan City Vice Mayor Francisco Zamora, former Vice Mayor Leonardo Celles and the councilors of the city.
Ejercito was earlier charged with one count of violation of Section 3 of Republic Act No. 3019, or the “Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act”, and one count of technical malversation as defined in Article 220 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC).
The Sandiganbayan had also issued hold departure order (HDO) twice against the senator.
- Sandiganbayan orders arrest of JV Ejercito, 5 others
- Alleged procurement of P2.1-M firearms, technical malversation
- Hold departure order up against Ejercito, too.
Latest posts by Sr. Editorial Staff Nation News (see all)
- Bong Revilla off the hook on pork barrel fund plunder case - December 7, 2018
- Napgate: President Duterte is neither Sleeping Beauty nor Snow White - November 23, 2018
- Office of VP Robredo issues statement on Chinese President Xi Jinping state visit - November 22, 2018