President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday assured that justice will be served to the five members of the Carlos family who were brutally murdered in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan last week.
The President expressed the assurance after personally extending his condolences to Dexter Carlos whose wife, mother-in-law and three children were stabbed multiple times.
The government also extended housing and financial assistance to Carlos.
On June 27, Carlos, a bank security guard, found mother-in-law Aurora Dizon, 58, wife Estrella, 28 and children Donni, 11, Ella, 7, and Dexter Jr., 1, all with multiple stab wounds inside their residence.
Already, Carmelino Ibañez, a construction worker, owned up to the crime two days after the bodies of the five were discovered.
The suspect admitted he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol when he killed the family and raped Aurora and Estrella.
Meanwhile, police have tagged several persons of interest in the case.
According to reports, a suspect had been found dead while another person of interest is missing.
Duterte did not give any deadline for the police to solve the case but said “it should be as soon as possible.”
He assured the law would catch up with the other suspects no matter where they hide.
“Alam mo, maski saan ka magtago, I will catch up with you,” Duterte said.
He also repeated his warning that he will not hesitate to kill those who are destroying the country, especially the youth.
“I have told everybody since the beginning that if you destroy my country, I will kill you. And if you destroy the young of this country — it happened here which is more of what could be a work of a devil — patayin ‘yung mga bata, papatayin ko kayo,” the President said.
“And there will be justice. Papaano? Well, I do not know how. Basta, ang sabi nila, patay na ‘yung isa. So pagka ganon, there will be many more to come. Kaya ang Human Rights should begin their campaign among the criminals and tell the criminals to stop their god damned shit so that there will be no more killings,” Duterte said. (PNA / Cielito M. Reganit)
Watch related video below by GMA News TV:
Latest posts by Sr. Editorial Staff Nation News (see all)
- Bong Revilla off the hook on pork barrel fund plunder case - December 7, 2018
- Napgate: President Duterte is neither Sleeping Beauty nor Snow White - November 23, 2018
- Office of VP Robredo issues statement on Chinese President Xi Jinping state visit - November 22, 2018