MANILA, March 29 — OPPAP’s Teresita Quintos Deles on Friday expressed hope that the peace process will emerge stronger despite recent challenges it faced particularly after the tragic Mamasapano incident.
“I admit we are bruised and feeling battered but we are here to proclaim we still stand firm (in pushing the peace process),” Deles said in a speech during a book launch event in Intramuros, Manila marking the first anniversary of the signing of the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro. The results will be a stronger process and a stronger BBL (Bangsamoro Basic Law) with more people on board,” she said.
The peace adviser recounted the events and the challenges that faced both negotiating panels before they finally signed the CAB in March 27 last year. The CAB was signed, she noted, after 17 years of negotiations between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF)
Two books — ‘Getting to Peace’ and ‘In Defense of the Draft Bangsamoro Basic Law’ — as well as the third issue of the Kababaihan at Kapayapaan Magazine were launched during the commemoration of the signing of the CAB, held at the Baluarte de San Diego Gardens in Intramuros, Manila.
The Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process’ Deles statement rhymes with MILF’s Iqbal.
Latest posts by Bicol Street Journalist (see all)
- WATCH: The Easter Sunday mass in Naga City by Archbishop of Caceres - April 21, 2019
- WATCH: Easter Sunday Message of VPOP Leni Robredo - April 20, 2019
- Happy Holidays Happy New Year from us to you all!! - December 28, 2018