The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) confirmed 12 major transmission power lines in South Luzon damaged by the howler typhoon ‘Nina’ that plunged over 2 million service users.
These are the 12 major transmission lines which sustained damages from typhoon Nina which plunged some provinces either into total blackout or with partial electric service.
The following transmission lines and facilities were identified as:
- Batangas-Bolboc 69 kilovolt (kV) Line which suffered an outage Monday at 7:31 a.m.;
- Calaca-Balayan-Nasugbu/ Calatagan 69 kV Line (8:03 a.m.);
- Calaca-Taal 69 kV Line (10:53 a.m.);
- Pitogo-Mulanay 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 11:44 p.m.);
- Naga-Lagonoy 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 8:33 p.m.);
- Naga-Tinambac 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 8:14 p.m.);
- Naga-Libmanan 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 8:22 p.m.);
- Naga-Concepcion 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 9:18 p.m.);
- Naga-Iriga 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 9:41 p.m.);
- Daraga-Ligao 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 8:16 p.m.);
- Daraga Substation (Dec. 25, 8:38 p.m.); and
- Tiwi-Pawa-Tabaco 69 kV Line (Dec. 25, 7:10 p.m.).
The power grid operator also confirmed the Gumaca-Lopez 69 kV Line(10:39 a.m.); Gumaca-Atimonan 69 kV Line(10:12 a.m.); and Batangas-Ibaan-Rosario 69 kV Line (1:39 p.m.) were restored on Monday.
Power consumers of the South Luzon and Bicol provinces suffered the wrath of howler Nina include Albay (population- 1,314,826) Batangas (pop-2,694,335), Camarines Sur (pop-1,952,5440), Quezon (pop-1,856,582), Catanduanes (pop- 260,964), Sorsogon (pop-792,949), and Camarines Norte (pop-583,313) due to the onslaught of Typhoon Nina.
The grid operator said power blackout might have been caused by affected transmission facilities of the NGCP or distribution facilities of local distribution utilities or electric cooperatives.
Specific cities and municipalities affected by the power interruptions are determined by distribution utilities, unless the outage affects the entire franchise area, the NGCP said.
Latest posts by Danton H. Pascual (see all)
- Malacañang spokesman Panelo claim DUTERTE’s DRUG war a SUCCESS - November 3, 2019
- Watch: Digital clean-up of featured images using Photoshop - November 1, 2019
- ONE Awesome SUNRISE Over San Miguel bay - October 27, 2019