Watch the live stream coverage on the Philippine Senate Blue Ribbon Committee hearing on the alleged $81 million money laundering scam which was coursed through the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation Jupiter-Makati branch, PhilRem Service Corporation and other financial institutions.
On an earlier hearing, the remittance company that converted most of the stolen US $81 million from central bank of Bangladesh into pesos, gestured to return P10 million it earned from the money laundering heist that rocked the local banking industry in the Philippines. The offer was rejected by Bangladesh.
The two officers of the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation in its Makati city Jupiter branch, where the US $81 million stolen from Bangladesh Bank was processed, have been axed from their jobs.
- Livestream: Senate hearing on the alleged $81-M money laundering
- Previous hearing, Philrem announced to return P10-M to Bangladesh Bank which was rejected by the latter
- Previously, bank employees allegedly linked to transactions axed by RCBC
Latest posts by Jap Adupe (see all)
- MUST WATCH: ROBREDO review MILESTONES of her tenure as vice president - January 10, 2020
- FAREWELL: CARDINAL TAGLE from Archdiocese of Manila to influential VATICAN post - January 8, 2020
- Archbishop Tirona lead BICOLANOS in celebration of MIDNIGHT MASS before CHRISTMAS - December 24, 2019