This is my report on effective mung beans sprouting using the small green (collapsible) colander I noted on a previous post (which I added the link on the You Tube description for easy reference.
So yes, this is the first instance of sprouting mung beans or mongo beans on the collapsible colander, (updated: video embedded below) and let’s see afterwards the outcome:
I used an old stock of mung beans stored on the cupboard. Old stock meaning, the grains have been kept for months in the sealed container. I was apprehensive in going forward with the shoot of sprouting session I do not have an assurance if the beans will give a good growth or not.
I should clarify here that the beans came from a store that sells mung or mongo beans for consumption already and not for the purpose of growing sprout.
For this project, I used 30 ML of hard dried beans, which approximates from 350 to 400 or so beans.
As with my usual sprout drill, the first day of the process involves wash cleaning the beans and soaking for at least 24 hours. I have posted a step by step on the process on my earliest videos about this it is also linked below the description.
On the next day, I drained the water and transferred the beans on the green collander.
My clean black (actually its dark blue) magic t-shirt was out again for the purpose. In my sprouting i make sure the inside of the container is dark, this is so to hinder any stray of light on the growing seeds. This also gives the right atmosphere or temperature conducive for our growing project. For my regular sprouting, I even use additional handtowels under the black shirt.
I also went ahead spraying water on the growing beans at least every 4-6 hours in the max but made sure it is fully drained. I do this to bring down the temperature lower as necessary. Well drained beans will guarantee no rot will occur on the roots. I will know since there will be a foul odor on the bottom if rotting is in progress which will also affect healthy growth of the sprouts.
This green collander is just right for the purpose, it drained the water well and good. Really really nice for sprouting. It is also the perfect size for growing sprout which is enough for my one time consumption.
On the third day I am ready to harvest the sprouts and so far I found it not disappointing at all. A 30 ML of beans may be overhwleming for the collander. The stem growth averaged between 1 inch and two inches. Extending or lengthening the number of days of sprout growth will produce longer stems but also the appearance of top leaves. You decide the growth days according to need and purpose.
For those still trying to do their first sprout project, start with smaller container first. After this project I may post a follow-up video with a question and answer style on sprouting and show short footages of many of my sprouting sessions and different results.
As I post this, the channel is near the 3K mark on subscribers. That is exciting looking forward for another milestone.
I appreciate the continued support of viewers and am thankful for that. If you haven’t please subscribe, and hit the notification bell so you get notice when there is a new post. It is also important that liking the video and dropping a comment will also help boost the channel.
Again, our appreciation and thanks and see you on the next.
[Video file fact: of “Sprouting Report Using the Collapsible Green Colander”
✅ Video: Streams (dependent on the viewer internet connection and gadget capability, look Ma, it’s great to watch on TV!) at 1920 x 1080 at 22,000 kbits/Sec and 29.97 frames/sec
✅ Audio: MPEG4 at 16 bit stereo @ 48 KHZ
✅ Duration: 4 mins. 28.06 secs.
✅ Total file size: 390,773 KB]
- I spied on Momma Hummingbird and found her secret!! - August 25, 2020
- I cooked canned green jackfruit with canned coconut cream! - August 7, 2020
- I made Celery juice and drink it too! - July 27, 2020