Legazpi City, Albay, April 16, 2016 – Remember when the APEC leaders’ meet was held in Manila last November 2015? Despite the monstrous traffic the public riding passengers and motorists were made to endure finally coming up with the #apectado social media reaction, but many found some shining moments about the event in the presence of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and United Mexican States President Alfredo Pena Nieto.
Now, here comes the Palarong Pambansa 2016 on-going in the province of Albay.
It seems that the Filipinos have a penchant for (imported) foreign-looking personalities. Check how TV networks make earnings in their teleserye fantacies and musicals with a good helping of “imported” half- “Filipino” talents outshining the homegrown locals. Still that colonial mentality, with a dash of racist overtone, indeed.
So here, in Albay, a young athlete representing the CARAGA Region Athletic Association in archery gets a good photo exposure already noticed by many onlookers, some swooning for his good looks. He is the “Arrowman!” of Palarong Pambansa 2016, if we may say.
And then discover a big surprise of Arrowman’s performance at the Palaro later!
- Arrowman gets noticed in Albay hosting of Palarong Pambansa 2016
- Filipinos have a penchant for (imported) foreign-looking personalities
- Local TV networks make a killing in earnings out of foreign talents, even edging out locals for opportunities
[Start the presentation by clicking on the first photo frame below. Then press the play button on the lower left corner of the slideshow frame that pops out. To stop the slideshow, click on the (X) on the bottom right corner. A frame that appears with an (X) on the upper right corner means clicking it will enlarge the image]
- Catholic mass celebration on feast of ‘Our Lady of La Porteria’ in Calabanga - September 8, 2020
- NAIA suspends incoming and outgoing commercial flights for one week - May 3, 2020
- US FDA approval of Remdesivir vaccine for Covid-19 seen tomorrow - April 29, 2020