.

Human Events Stories

Presidential candidates start campaign with generous promises

The campaign promises start to pour. It all began yesterday. We heard the candidates talk, fast talk about what they intend to do, the promises each will leave in every campaign podium around the country, just before election day of May 9, 2016. To our readers, you can play with […]

The Race to Malacanang opens, campaign season begins

The Race to Malacanang opens, campaign season begins. Happening now are the opening salvo of all five presidential, vice presidential and senatorial teams and candidates for the May 9, 2016 elections. Five separate proclamation rallies are being held on strategic places around the country, also based on political preference and […]

Commission on Elections OK’s presidential candidacy of Duterte

The Philippine Commission on Elections OK’s candidacy of Duterte. This after the Comelec First Division unanimously denied the four disqualification cases filed against presidential candidate Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte for lack of merit. Dismissed petitions include one filed by Ruben H. Castor. The Petition to Deny Due Course and/or […]

Presidential candidates now spent billions in campaign. Here’s the update

Update. This is how much the presidential candidates for 2016 elections have spent so far. 1. Liberal Party presidential hopeful Manuel Roxas topped as the biggest ad campaign spender, so far. Roxas has spent P774 million covering the expenses for political advertisements from January to December 2015 2. United Nationalist […]

Unsolicited opinion: Let the people decide – FVR

Unsolicited opinion: Let the people decide – Ramos If former Philippine President Fidel V. Ramos will have his way, he will allow the candidacy of Grace Poe Llamanzares and Rodrigo Duterte unhampered. He made the statement when asked about the cases filed on disqualification for Senator Poe and Davao city […]

Duterte withdraws candidacy for mayor, daughter files COC as substitute

DAVAO CITY, Nov. 27 — Update. Mayor Rodrigo Duterte filed his Certificate of Candidacy for President with the Commission on Elections in Manila through his lawyer Salvador Medealdia at 11:55 Friday morning. This developed after Duterte withdrew his COC for mayor with the Comelec here at 11:40 am Friday. After […]

Final answer? Duterte files CoC for mayor not president

Mayor Rodrigo Duterte filed Thursday his Certificate of Candidacy (CoC) for mayor, finally ending all speculations he would eventually plunge into the presidential race in 2016. Duterte issued a special power of attorney for his executive assistant Lawrence “Bong” Go and City Administrator Melchor Quitain to file his candidacy at […]

Daughter shaves head, OK sign for Mayor Duterte’s 2016 presidential run

Duterte’s daughter, executive assistant, councilors shave head to convince him to run Former city mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio posted a photo of her with a shaven head with several hashtags on Instagram, stirring netizens to believe it could be a sign of bigger things to come. Mayor Rodrigo Duterte’s executive assistant […]

Election 2016: Poe-Escudero, Roxas-Robredo teams filing COCs, Duterte in?

Senators Grace Poe Llamanzares and Francis “Chiz” Escudero are jointly filing today their Certificates of Candidacy for president and vice-president, respectively, at the national offices of the Commission on Elections in Intramuros, Manila. Not to be out done, the Liberal Party official standard bearers Sen. Mar Roxas and CamSur 3rd […]

No presidential run for Mayor Duterte, will seek 2016 re-election instead

Mayor Rodrigo Duterte on Monday afternoon announced with finality that he is not running for president. “..this is indeed a beautiful day to end a wild dream,” Duterte said at the end of his unsigned press statement. But for his supporters in Davao, Duterte said he will seek a re-election […]

Duterte was only joking, not running for president

DAVAO CITY, Feb. 27 — “Hindi (No). I never said it in a very categorical way.” This was the statement of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte when sought if he declared intention to run for president during his “Listening Tour” on Federalism in Dagupan City. In an interview on Wednesday night at […]

What's Recommended

President Duterte appoints Martin Diño as new SBMA chief

SUBIC BAY FREEPORT, Sept. 30 — Former May 2016 presidential candidate Martin Diño was appointed chairman of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority or SBMA. The appointment was dated September 23, 2016. The new SBMA head will take the place of chairman Roberto Garcia, an appointee of former President Benigno S. […]

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, 71 and sickly?

President Rodrigo Duterte was sick, not? It is worth telling here that while attending the APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting last 19–20 November 2016 in Lima, Peru, President Rodrigo Duterte allegedly passed out.(or was it collapsed? That was just before the formal dinner and before the important most final commemorative photo […]

Are these narco-personalities shoot to kill on sight after 24 hours?

Are these narco-personalities shoot to kill on sight after 24 hours? The long wait is over. It is because the much anticipated batch of narco-personalities President Rodrigo Duterte mentioned to discloes is now released. On Sunday morning President Rodrigo Duterte made true his promise to expose narco personalities as he […]

Watch: The Second State of the Nation Address of President Duterte

Watch. Live, the Second State of the Nation Address of President Rodrigo Duterte. Thru the facilities of RTVM, we are sharing here the full live coverage of the proceedings and speech of Philippine President Duterte. The 50-minute speech or so will emanate from the Batasan Pambansa (the current House of […]

Duterte confirms US-PH military exercise this year is the last

MANILA, Oct. 12 (PNA) – President Rodrigo Duterte insisted on Wednesday that there will be no more military exercises between the Philippines and the United States next year. President Duterte made this statement during the 115th anniversary of the Philippine Coast Guard in its headquarters in Port Area in Manila. […]

Presidential candidates now spent billions in campaign. Here’s the update

Update. This is how much the presidential candidates for 2016 elections have spent so far. 1. Liberal Party presidential hopeful Manuel Roxas topped as the biggest ad campaign spender, so far. Roxas has spent P774 million covering the expenses for political advertisements from January to December 2015 2. United Nationalist […]

Anti-Duterte political ad flares up the social network sites with varied reactions

This is the anti-Duterte, PDP-Laban presidential standard bearer Rodrigo Duterte, ad that was aired on Thursday evening on national television. The TV ad was allegedly paid for by independent vice-presidential candidate Antonio V. Trillanes, IV. Netizen supporters of Duterte reacted harshly to the political ad in various social networks. Because […]

PH to use diplomacy on the West Philippine sea dispute

The Duterte administration will continue to choose the diplomatic way in addressing the territorial dispute with China, this despite the United Nations (UN) Tribunal decision favoring the Philippines. President Rodrigo R. Duterte said on Thursday he will consult several people, including former President Fidel V. Ramos, to help the government […]

QUO VADIS: Judge convicts illegal recruiters of MARY JANE VELOSO

Remember the infamous case of Mary Jane Veloso? The Filipina OFW still languishing in death row in Indonesia for carrying illegal drugs in 2010 who claimed to be a victim of illegal recruiters. Judge Anarica Castillo-Reyes of the Regional Trial Court Branch 88 of Sto. Domingo, Nueva Ecija, this January […]

What's Throwback

President Duterte douse cold water on claims of fake news site VS Robredo

What’s next when truth is twisted and served as fake news? On Monday, President Rodrigo Duterte doused cold water on the fake news article published maliciously by a dubious, fake news web site, obviously supportive of the administration but into overdrive attack against critics, particularly vice-President Leni Robredo.

Senator De Lima to President Duterte: Do you like me?

This is hilarious. Senator Leila de Lima get back at the recent tirades from President Rodrigo Duterte with this message: “Stop harassing me. What do you want from me? Do you like me?” The lady senator who has become the “apple of the president’s eyes” expressed on Monday that “Duterte […]

Watch the PH House of Representatives abolish the Commission on Human rights

Watch the fast paced version (Cbanga360.net version) of the discussion by the lower chamber of the Philippines’ congress, the House of Representatives on the proposed 2018 budget of the Commission on Human Rights. Follow the discussion as the representative from the Party List Sagip, the Honorable Rodante Marcoleta take the […]