Election, Luzon, News, Regions

Ejercito disqualification as Laguna guv final – SC

Cbanga360.Net - The Bicol Street Journal

Published         17 Feb , 2015      4:19 pm          305 views.

MANILA, Feb. 17 — The Supreme Court (SC) en banc on Tuesday ruled with finality the disqualification case against Emilio Ramon “E.R” Ejercito as governor of Laguna for alleged “overspending” in the election campaign during the 2013 elections.

This after the SC dismissed the motion for reconsideration filed by Ejercito on the Nov. 25, 2014 SC decision.

2015_0217_ejercito

In a press conference, SC Public Information Office (PIO) Chief and Spokesman Atty. Theodore O. Te said, “the Court denied the motion for reconsideration filed by petitioner Ejercito of its Decision dated November 25, 2014 on the ground that the basic issues raised in the motion for reconsideration had already been passed upon and that no substantial new arguments had been raised to merit a reconsideration.”

Ejercito was disqualified because of the more than P23 million “overspending” in the election campaign, while the law authorized him to spend only P4.5 million.

Laguna Vice Gov. Ramil Hernandez replaced Ejercito in his post. (PNA/Perfecto T. Raymundo)

THIS ARTICLE IS RELATED TO    ,

Suggested For You


1 Response

  1. cbanga360 says:

    More than halfway through the term, onky then that the election overspending case was finally decided. But hey election is just around the corner, on May 2016. Will Ejercito make a rebound, then?